Are you invested in being a cautious and responsible citizen? It is your responsibility and duty as a bike owner/rider to be aware of all the different traffic laws which apply to you and which you must follow. You should also know about the associated penalties and fines.
What Is The Motor Vehicle Act?
Here are some things which are important to know about the Motor Vehicles Act:
- It is an act which was introduced in India in 1988-89.
- It was used by the government to frame some rules and regulations as well as guidelines for using different vehicles in India.
- It includes details for the Registration of Motor vehicles, Permits Control, Traffic Regulations, and Insurance Penalties.
- The act states that all drivers of motor vehicles in India should possess a valid driving license at all times.
- Vehicles must also be registered under this act and have a proper Registration Certificate.
New Traffic Rules In India 2021
|Violation||Previous Invoice or Penalty||New Invoice or Penalty|
|General (177)||Rs 100||Rs 500|
|Violation of Red Regulation Rules (177A)||Rs 100||Rs 500|
|Disregard of authority order (179)||Rs 500||Rs 2000|
|Driving unauthorized car unlicensed (180)||Rs 1000||Rs 5000|
|Driving despite disqualification (182)||Rs 500||Rs 10000|
|Driving without license (181)||Rs 500||Rs 5000|
|Over speeding (183)||Rs 400||Rs 1000|
|Driving dangerously (184)||Rs 1000||Rs 5000|
|Drinking and driving (185)||Rs 2000||Rs 10000|
|Racing and driving at high speed (189)||Rs 500||Rs 5000|
|Overloading (194)||Rs. 2,000 and Rs.10,000 per ton extra||Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 2,000 per ton|
|Seat Belt (194B)||Rs 100||Rs. 1000|
|Driving without permit (192A)||Up to Rs. 5,000||Up to Rs. 10,000|
|Violation of license condition (193)||Nil||Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 1,00,000|
|Passenger Overloading (194A)||Nil||Rs. 1000 per passenger|
|Overloading on a two-wheeler||Rs 100||Rs.2,000 and License for three months|
|Not wearing a helmet||Rs 100||Rs. 1000 and License for three months|
|On not giving way to emergency vehicle (194E)||Nil||Rs.10000|
|On driving without insurance (196)||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|Power of authorities to impose documents (206)||Nil||Driving license will be revoked under 183,184,185,189,190,194c, 194D 194E|
|Crimes committed by enforcement of authority (210B)||Nil||Fine twice under related section|